3M Circuit Plating Tape 851 in India. 3M Circuit Plating Tape 851 is a green polyester film tape with a unique conformable adhesive for printed circuit board masking during electroplating.
- Polyester backing reduces stretch and recovery of tape associated with uneven stop-off line.
- Thick adhesive coating reduces undercutting because adhesive blocks out solutions between fingers.
- Specially designed adhesive that generally performs better when no ovens are used to heat tape and boards.
- Low-stretch polyester film can be applied by machine or by hand.
- Tape must be firmly pressed down by equipment with rubber-covered rollers or a rubber-covered platen press. Hand rolling usually does not provide enough pressure. A vivid outline of the circuit leads usually indicates adequate pressure was used.
- Solvent- clean-up of the board is recommended to facilitate subsequent soldering