3M Novec 72FL Engineered Fluid is a safe, nonflammable solvent blend* designed to clean aircraft exterior surfaces, flaps, controls, connectors, electromechanical devices, relays and circuit breakers. Novec 72FL fluid is formulated to remove light oils, greases and silicones, as well as fluorinated oils and greases, dust and particulates, from equipment and components.
Features of 72FL Engineered Fluid:-
- Fast drying, low odor
- Excellent plastics compatibility
- Low toxicity
- No rinsing and no residues
- Low Global Warming Potential
- Non corrosive, non-conductive
Applications of 72FL Engineered Fluid:-
- Ideal for cold cleaning (flush, wipe and spray) of particulates, fluorolubes, light oils and fluoropolymers. Also cleans hydraulic fluid with no effect on corrosion inhibiting compound (CIC coating).
- 72FL is a non-azeotropic blend and, therefore, vapor concentrations in a vapor degreaser would shift over time rendering this product unacceptable for vapor degreasing.
- Properties Value
- Boiling Point (oC) - 45
- Dielectric Strength >25 kV
- % Volatile 100
- Shelf Life Initially 1 Year (further testing underway) Evaporation Rate (relative to n-Butyl Acetate) 0.10
- Heat of Vaporization 38*
- Surface Tension (dynes/cm2 ) 16*